Devoxx Belgium 2018
from Monday 12 November to Friday 16 November 2018.
Sébastien is a Spring Framework and Reactor committer at Pivotal. He mostly works on Kotlin support across Spring portfolio, and on Web and Reactive topics. He is also part of MiXiT conference staff crew.
See also https://spring.io
In this talk, I will live code a Spring Boot application with no annotation that will run as a native executable compiled with GraalVM. This application will leverage Kofu configuration, a Kotlin DSL designed to configure your application in a functional way.
I will also present various features currently incubated in Spring Fu project:
- Kofu (Kotlin DSL) and Jafu (Java DSL) configuration for Spring Boot
- Minimal set of features enabled by default
- No classpath scanning, no feature enabled based on classpath detection
- Both declarative (via the DSL) and programmatic (code auto-complete, allow any kind of if, for statements)
- Functional configuration based on pure lambdas
- Minimal reflection usage, no CGLIB proxy, no annotation processing
- Faster startup and lower memory consumption
- GraalVM native images support
- Reactive SQL via R2DBC
- Coroutines web and persistence API
I will explain where we are, what we learnt, and what's coming next in term of new Spring Framework and Spring Boot features.