Devoxx Belgium 2018
from Monday 12 November to Friday 16 November 2018.
Konrad is a software engineer at Allegro, a major Polish e-commerce company. He has 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various roles (mostly as developer and technical leader) in software companies. He spent the last 17 years of his career with Java-related technologies. For the past 2 years he's used Kotlin as his primary programming language (with delight). He blogs a bit, gives talks and contributes to open source.
See also https://allegro.pl
This hands-on lab is focused on learning asynchronous programming with Kotlin coroutines. Specifically we will learn about:
- basic idea of Kotlin coroutines, suspending functions and suspending lambdas,
- how to create, launch and manage coroutines,
- internals of suspending functions and Kotlin compiler,
- CoroutineContext - its role and programming patterns,
- sharing state with Mutexes,
- concurrent programming with channels/actors and select expressions,
- interoperability with existing libraries (CompletableFuture, reactive programming libraries).