Devoxx Belgium 2018
from Monday 12 November to Friday 16 November 2018.
Arun Gupta is a Principal Technologist at Amazon Web Services. He is responsible for the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) strategy within AWS, and participates at CNCF Board and technical meetings actively. He particularly enjoys AMA on Containers and Serverless. He has built and led developer communities for several years at Sun, Oracle, Red Hat and Couchbase. He has extensive speaking experience in 40+ countries on myriad topics. Gupta also founded the Devoxx4Kids chapter in the US and continues to promote technology education among children. A prolific blogger, author of several books, an avid runner, a globe trotter, a Docker Captain, a Java Champion, a JUG leader, he is easily accessible at @arungupta on twitter.
Amazon Corretto is a no cost, multiplatform, production-ready distribution of the Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK). Join Amazon engineers working closely on the project to learn more about the offering. After a brief introduction, we will open it up to questions from the audience.
Deploying your Java application in a Kubernetes cluster could feel like Alice in Wonderland. You keep going down the rabbit hole and don’t know how to make that ride comfortable. This no-slide and code-only session will explain how a Java application can be deployed in a Kubernetes cluster. Specifically, it will explain the following:
- Package the application as Docker image
- Create Kubernetes manifests
- Create Helm charts and hosted in a repository
- Test in a local environment
- Debug pod using IntelliJ
- Install Istio service mesh
- Distributed tracing across microservices
- Metrics using Prometheus/Grafana
- Setup deployment pipeline
- Migrate application from a dev to prod in Cloud
- Change application, show Canary and A/B